Monday, May 26, 2008

Rain ain't gonna stop us!



Well, we are back from the Strawberry Music Festival. It rained pretty much the whole time. But thanks to an amazing community of friends and my engineer husband who had a big part in building the covered "lounge" area (with Doug and Will of course), we had a blast.

We were able to head to the main stage and see some great bands....yes, in the rain. Personally, I like dancing in the rain! Two of my favorites that got my cold buns dancin', were JJ Grey and Mofro and South Austin Jugg Band. I was back at camp putting the kids to bed and missed Emmylou Harris but she sounded great from where I was :)

We weren't able to play in the lake but it was beautiful to look at.
We pretty much sat around and did a whole lot of this (see below picture).....playing and listening to music, ok, and drinking home brew and fine wine. Oh and we did get in a bunch of walks between rain bursts. We camped with great musicians including the lovely Jill and her husband Steve of Orange Sherbet.




Just before we left, we were able to get a bite of the famous and traditional "Pamcakes" made by my buddy Pam (below)...she and I have been friends since we were 5!







Pam and her husband Will pretty much bind this community. They are our glue, the wind beneath our wings...all that good stuff. Despite the rain, my kids had a blast made some new "strawberry friends", and now we are home, dry, semi clean and looking forward to next year :)