Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankfulness

Today is the day to give thanks, and dive head first into a food comma (in that order). I am thankful that it is 9:37 and I just woke up! I am thankful that my husband slept on the couch because he was snoring. I am thankful that when he left to go sleep on the couch, he carried Izzy to my bed to sleep with me, because he knows I love that (it was Izzy's turn, Lucy will come next time). I am thankful that my kids are old enough to get up early and make themselves something to eat and go watch TV for a bit while mommy and daddy sleep. I am thankful that I am OK with the fact that my kids are watching TV while I sleep. Now that I am up and eating breakfast, I am thankful for cornflakes.....I really love cornflakes.

As the day goes on, I will check in on my website and make sure everything is running smoothly. I am especially thankful that my business is doing so well in such a time of financial unrest.

Further on in the day we will go eat at my moms house and my thankfulness will turn to the really really really important things in life. I am thankful that I will be surrounded by all my siblings and their families. I am thankful that my step father will be feeling well enough to be sitting at the dinner table with us.

This morning, Izzy woke up and went to get her journal because she remembered it was Thanksgiving and she wanted to write down 10 things she was thankful for. All 10, actually it came out to 12, involved family, friends, playing the piano, and learning. As I listened to her with tears in my eyes, I felt an overwhelming sense of thanks.