Sunday, February 15, 2009

Drip drop.....

It is rainin' but good up here! That is a good thing because boy do we need some water. And our lovely grapes down in San Luis Obispo need some H2O! I remember one drought-ey year my dad gave us all raisins for Christmas because our crop wasn't' so good. So we have been doing a rain dance and now it is comin' down :)

My office is buzzin' with preparations for Bead Fest Sante Fe and the Bead&Button Show. I am a total last minute person so we are all pretending that the Bead&Button Show is in April this year (which it isn't but don't tell me that!). The class registration for B&B is opened....it's not too late to squeeze in a few classes. I know things are tight this year, but this show is a blast. Well all the shows are a blast. If you can sneak out to a bead show, you won't regret it.

I am feeling really good these days. We found out that I am anemic (joy) and the addition of Iron to my many daily pills, has made a HUGE difference....woohoo. In a week I will get my Radioactive Iodine treatment. As my doctor says, surgery is the cure/treatement for Thyroid Cancer but this Iodine treatment is just a little extra "kick it while it's down". Thyroid cells are very unique in that they live off of iodine. So I have been on a low iodine diet (no dairy, nothing from the sea, no resturauts, no store bought bread, no fun!) to starve my body of iodine. Then in a week, I will take a pill of radioactive iodine. All the remaining Thyroid cells in my body will be like "oh, Iodine, gimme gimme!" and they will suck it up and get zapped....pretty cool huh? But I can't be around any people for 3 days, because I will be totally radioactive. Yikes, if it will harm them, imagine what it is going to do to me, swimming around in my body. I will power through and this will give me 3 quite days (hauled up in one of my mom's extra bedrooms) to finally get cranking on my book.

Yes I AM WRITING A BOOK...woohoo. It will be published by Interweave and is about Making Stamped Metal jewelry. The book will cover stamping, sawing, riveting, dapping and more. It's gonna be a good one.....

Happy rainy day to you.....