Thursday, March 26, 2009

The end of a journey.....

As some of you know, I have cut my teaching schedule way back this year so I could spend as much time as possible with my Step Father who was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer last May. Last night he passed away with 5 of us kids, his wife and his mother in law holding each other and holding him. We were there for 4 days with him as his body slowed down. Being there and watching him take his last breaths was the hardest and most powerful thing I have ever been a part of. He was my step father for 29 years. He raised me, guided me, loved me unconditionally, coached my first volleyball team, bought me my first (of many) pandas and loved my daughters as if they were the most valuable things on this planet.

We will miss him so much. Now we pick up the pieces, support my mom and live life to the fullest as he would want us to (oh and eat a lot of chocolate because according to him, life is chocolate).

Deep breath, life goes on, live it well......