Thursday, January 28, 2010

oh.....my....goodness.....I am blushing!

A few months ago, I got an email from the editor of Bead&Button magazine letting me know that I have been voted in as one of the Top Ten Teachers in the United States (jewelry making teachers that is). I kinda stared at this email for a bit thinking "huh? really? WOW!". Apparently they looked at evaluations from Bead&Button Shows, and took numerous polls online and were given rave reviews of over 229 teachers. They quickly narrowed it down to the top 10. They wrote a wonderful article about us 10 teachers and that article comes out in the next Bead&Button magazine. We have been sworn to secrecy until now :)

To be honest, I am totally in shock! I mean, I love teaching and I am confident that I do a good job (you crazies keep coming back for more!!!) but to be put in a group with these other ladies has me blushing beyond belief. THANK YOU!!!

I would like to give a special shout out and big ol' THANK YOU to Cynthia Rutledge who is OF COURSE on this list. She has been my mentor since I was a teenager (ok, I was 22 when I met her). Cynthia and I worked at the Shepherdess together (we had more fun than anyone should have on the clock). Her bead career took off from there as seedbeads captured her and engulfed her brain. When I was learning beadwork and wirework, I watched her teaching career grow as she successfully and continually inspired students to create masterpieces. And I would think to myself "wow, how does she do it? All these shows and all this teaching? Man, I wanna be like her when I grow up". Cynthia helped me a ton when I first started teaching. She was generous with her knowledge and incredibly encouraging. Her designs and teaching etiquette are exceptional. So the most exciting thing about this super awesome and flattering Top Ten thing, for me, is being on this list with her.